What is Builders Club?
Builders Club is the largest service organization for middle school students (ages 12 to 14), with more than 40,000 members worldwide.
The first Builders Club was chartered in 1975. Today, there are more than 2,000 clubs in Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, Italy, Jamaica, Korea, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Philippines, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, and the United States.
Builders Club is a “student-led” community service organization, which operates under school regulations and draws its members from the student body. Community-based Builders Clubs also may be established at community facilities such as: churches, libraries, YMCA’s, or lodges. Builders Club is unique because a Kiwanis club, composed of leading business and professional people of the community, serves as the club’s sponsor.
Builders Club is structured only on the local club level but is supported by the Kiwanis International Office in Indianapolis, Indiana, which provides programs, literature, and opportunities to relate to teenagers from countries all around the world!
Information concerning Builders Club including all forms can be found on the web site -- www.buildersclub.org
- The annual fee of $150.00 can be paid by the sponsoring club or in combination with the SLP.
- Clubs who complete their ANNUAL dues registration by October 31 will receive an "Early Bird" patch for their club banner. Dues submitted before December 31 are considered "On Time."
- To Reactiviate a Builders Club: Kiwanis International needs a $50.00 Reactivation Fee, plus the $150.00 in dues.
- To Charter a New Builders Club: The Kiwanis Club Sponsor, (any co-sponsoring Key Club or Circle K), the school pricipal and faculty advisor need to complete the Charter paperwork. A complete roster of members also is needed plus a check for $460.00. This is a one-time only fee. It includes a gong, gavel, banner, membership cards, pins, and other information needed by the new club.
- All dues should be sent to Kiwanis International, Attention Builders Club Membership, 3636 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268-3196.
- Every Club is required to pay dues every year in October. Clubs who remain active but do not pay dues are no longer covered by the Kiwanis umbrella of Liability Insurance.
Georgia Builders Club
Name: Harriett Holley
Ph: (678) 481-7462