Aktion Club is the newest member of the Sponsored Organizations an Programs at Kiwanis International. It is a community-service group for adult citizens who live with a disability. The mission of Aktion Club is:
- To provide these adults an opportunity to develop initiative and leadership skills.
- To serve their community.
- To be integrated into society
- To demonstrate the dignity and value of citizens living with disabilities.
Aktion Club members strive to return to their communities the benefits, help, and caring they have received, as well as develop important skills in the process.
An Aktion Club provides benefit to its members in many ways through service and recreational events. These activities enable the members to:
- Participate in the active life of the community.
- Provide an opportunity to contribute to the community.
- Develop mechanical, creative, and intellectual abilities.
- Social interaction awareness
- Improve self-esteem
- Develop leadership skills
- Achieve personal and service goals