What is the Georgia District Kiwanis Foundation?
As a non-profit foundation, this corporation allows Georgia Kiwanians to work together to fund efforts that might be beyond the financial ability of individual Kiwanians and individual Kiwanis clubs. While most gifts and contributions to Kiwanis clubs and the Georgia District of Kiwanis are not tax deductible, gifts to the Georgia District Kiwanis Foundation, Inc., a 501c(3) corporation, are tax deductible.
The foundation, because of the many gifts from individual Georgia Kiwanians and local Georgia Kiwanis Clubs, has funded many worthwhile efforts that aid the youth of the State of Georgia. The foundation has provided funding for many worthwhile projects, including:
- Scholarships to Students who are members of Georgia Circle K and Georgia Key Club (matched by the Kiwanis International Foundation),
- Scholarships to the winners of the Art and Music Showcase,
- Funding for Key Club youth leadership to attend training at Kiwanis International offices in Indianapolis, Indiana,
- Funding for Circle K and Key Club young adult leadership to attend training at Kiwanis International Headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana, and
- Purchase of special recognition materials for the Georgia District of Kiwanis International.
For additional information concerning the Georgia District Kiwanis Foundation, contact the Foundation President or call the Georgia Kiwanis District Office.
For Grant Application information and forms download click here: Ga District Foundation Grant Application and Guidelines, Rev 5-13-10
For information regarding the Henry C. Heinz Award, please click here.